Generalist Programmer [Snowdrop] (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf - Full-time - 743999790210802
As our new programmer, you will join the Snowdrop Game Engine team and also be a part of a larger production technology department
About Production Technology at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft, there are no limits to creativity. Innovation comes from every corner and our game teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to transform ideas into fantastical worlds.
To bolster their efforts, Ubisoft’s Production Technology department is a transversal group that unites more than 400 experts across the company around a mission to develop the best tools and technologies that enable our studios to bring their visions to life.
From designing our proprietary game engines and state-of-the-art middleware solutions used by our worldwide developer community to leverage the latest machine learning breakthroughs in R&D, Production Technology team members don’t just help Ubisoft creators make games: they work together to pioneer innovations that change the way games are made.
The Snowdrop engine is efficient and flexible, enabling relatively small teams to create ambitious AAA games. At the core of the Snowdrop engine, we want to empower the developers.
The Snowdrop engine, with its flexible and empowering tools, has helped develop a number of Ubisoft titles such as The Division, The Settlers, and South Park.
As a generalist programmer, your role is to create the technical backbone of the game and production pipeline. You provide the development teams with technical solutions to carry out their vision and intentions into the game. You will develop engines, tools and systems to ensure the optimal and sustainable technical performance of the game and its pipeline.
- Develop the engine, tools and systems used for production development
- Analyze the production team's needs and create sustainable and reusable solutions
- Develop systems to realize the game vision
- Create generic systems to handle the game features (AI, physics, sound etc.)
- Supply the tools required to integrate the teams' work
- Create and maintain the existing code base while following code guidelines
- Write new systems in a clear and structured manner
- Debug, repair and extend existing systems
- Collaborate with other team members for transferring knowledge
- Comment and document code
- Formulate and accept criticism constructively during code and system reviews
- Good knowledge of and years of practical experience with C++
- Demonstrate efficient analytical skills
- Ability to work with large, existing code bases
- Proactive behavior and being a team player
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good English language skills
- At least 2 years of industry experience, a shipped title is a plus
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or any other relevant discipline is a plus
What We Bring
We offer a opportunity for you to create and improve a cutting edge game engine and join a industry leader.
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare